10 April 2012

Rummaging etc

I've been thinking a lot about my Nano Novel lately.

I didn't finish it, and once my life was crazy with work, I didn't touch it.  But I've been thinking about it.  I want to finish it.  I have to finish it.  I've never finished a book in my life.  I've read plenty of books - some of them several times over - but I've never written a complete book.

There are a lot of reasons - a lot of excuses.  But it's something I just have to do.  So I'm going to.

Sure, things are crazy.  I've got 30 days of Dutch going on right now, plus April Hiking Madness.  My best friend and I leave for Europe in 25 days - 25 DAYS!! - but what better time than now?  And if not now, then when?  When will the excuses stop, if I don't stop them now?

I'm going to spend some time with my Twitter, getting back in the game, as well.  I can't remember my password, though, so I'm having some trouble connecting.  And Twitter takes FOREVER to re-send password information.  Forever, of course, being longer than five seconds.

So the moral of this story is: I'm going to finish writing about Rex LaBeau.  Even if I'm never published and I just have a stack of manuscripts surrounding me on my death bed, at least I'll be able to say I finished them.  And it starts with Rex.

Write on.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Write on, indeed! I like the look of your blog--did you change it? And I can't believe your trip is less than a month away! How exciting! I remember when it was still a pipe dream!

    (PS--you have word verification enabled, FYI.)

    ReplyDelete