25 May 2012

An Important Decision

I made an important decision this week.
There are a lot of things going on in my life, and I am the type of person to take on more life-altering projects than I can reasonably handle.  What happens next is that I fail to achieve a goal with one of them, I loose momentum and it's all downhill from there.

Something that has been very important to me for many years is my health.  Being healthy and achieving a healthy weight and fitness level is something I've struggled with - as many people have.  I desire more than anything to be an author, but it is very important to me I become a fitness success story, and not a statistic weighing the world down.

It is for that reason that I am taking a writing "break".  You can read more about it on my fitness blog here.  I am not going to quit writing by any means, but I am not going to set any writing goals.  It means that until my fitness goals are met, I will not participate in NaNoWriMo or follow the road that leads to Infamous Author.  Granted, if the opportunity arises I will be sure to jump on it, but for now this is the best decision I can make for me.

For that reason, you will see very few blogs posted here until my fitness goals are met.  I will continue to write on my fitness blog, however, which at least will keep me writing.

Sure, if a piece of a story falls into place I'll put pen to paper (or cursor to word processor) and write until my creativity stores are empty, and of course I'll still read (I've devoured 3 books already since I arrived home last Friday May 18) - I could never give up reading.  I simply need to focus on one thing at a time.  My fitness journey is life-altering, and so is my dream of becoming an author.  I think one life-altering project at a time (plus the wear and tear of every day life) is quite enough for one girl to take.  A girl can only do so much, you know.

So, my friends, I beg you forgive me for this period of silence, and please don't forget me.  I'll post occasionally - though not regularly - and one day I'll be back and better than ever.  If there is one promise I can make, that would be it.

If you need to get in touch with me, feel free to shoot me a message on Twitter (which I will still be posting on - hopefully more frequently though it may have to do more with fitness than writing, I confess) @UniqueInkWriter  


I thank you in advance for your understanding, your support, and your general awesomeness. 
STAY SHINY!

No comments:

Post a Comment